Life with Churry.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

$25,000 Anyone?

I think I've been totally desensitized by the amount of violence and tragedy in the movies, on TV, and of course in the news. When I first read this story about a missing Stanford student, I was simply intrigued and wanted to see what clues the police have found. You know, like watching Law and Order or CSI or something.

Then I found out she went to MIT...Why does that make me care more? I almost feel like I can relate to her even though I still don't know her. It reminded me of how parents of kidnapped children are encouraged to talk about their kids in the media. The idea is that the kidnappers would start thinking about the victims as human beings and might be less likely to kill the kids. Of course, this assumes that the kidnappers are not psychotic and that killing is not the thrill they seek.

Anyway, if you have seen this young lady or her car, call the police.

p.s.
You can get a user name and password for the Mercury News and other web sites at BugMeNot.

Update: Sad news

No comments: